Do you like your chicken a little sweet and a little sour? Here's how to grill up some tropical goodness and make your chicken sing with some zing!
1 ¼ cup Fernanda's Mango Preserves *
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Sprinkle each chicken cutlet with salt and pepper.
2. In a ziploc bag, place the chicken and the juice of one lime. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from the bag and using only 1/4 cup of the mango preserves, coat the tops of each. (You don't want to put too much preserves on the chicken and try not to use a lot of the chunks. Warning: This will mess up your grill. The less mango chunks you use the better. You just want to place a little of the preserves on the chicken so when it hits the grill the sugar caramelizes on it.)
4. Grill your chicken approximately 3 - 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Cooking time will depend on how thick your cutlets are so watch them! There's nothing worse than dried out chicken.
5. Remove chicken from grill and top it with the remaining preserves.
6. Serve the chicken using additional lime wedges for garnish. Be sure to squeeze some extra lime juice over the chicken before serving!
* If you don't want to make your own mango preserves, you can substitute store bought peach, or peach-mango preserves - but I'm telling you - using fresh, home made preserves will "make your brains fall out it's so good", as my grandmother says.