It's quite fitting that a Red Cactus Margarita was chosen for The Lady in Red given her love of the South West. What's even better is that she included the recipe for this cocktail below! Yum!
Below are photos of the submissions. Polls were supposed to open on November 1st, but Superstorm Sandy had other plans. Sheesh, if she wanted to have us elect a President at the same time a lucky winner was elected to receive a $25 American Express gift card for the best beverage photo, all she had to do was ask.
All readers had to do to enter was post a picture of ANY drink that they thought was red hot on The Lady in Red's Facebook page, or tweet it to her @LadyinRedBlog. The drink didn't have to have alcohol in it. It could have been a cocktail, mocktail, a classy glass of wine, or any beverage of choice as long as the photo was an entrant's own.
The Lady in Red sure could use a drink after Sandy, and this is a good one!
Chipotle Cherry Margarita - by Cj Snyder
1 cup cherries
2 oz tequila
1/4 cup simple syrup
1.5 tsp Texas Pete Chipotle Hot Sauce
1 cup Ice
smoked salt (to rim the glass)
2 maraschino cherries for garnish
1. Moisten the rim of the glass and roll it in the smoked salt.
2. Take the remaining ingredients and blend them together.
Red Cactus Margarita - by Nancy Regan
4 cups CranRaspberry Juice
3/4 cup Bacardi Margarita frozen concentrate
1/2 cup triple sec
3/4 cup tequila
4 cups ice
1 lime (sliced for garnish)
sugar (to rim the glass)
1. Moisten the rim of the glasses and roll them in the sugar.
2. Take the remaining ingredients, except for the lime slices, and place in a blender. Blend.
3. Pour drinks in glasses and garnish each one with a lime slice.
The Cherry Prairie Fire (a layered drink shooter) - by Cj Snyder
6 dashes of fire (your choice of red hot sauce)
tequila (from the freezer)
1 maraschino cherry garnish
1. Shoot the drink and pop the cherry. (Make and drink at own risk)