4 hot dogs
2 green bell peppers, cut into chunks
2 baking potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
1/2 large red onion, sliced thinly, rings separated
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Boil the sliced potatoes for about 10 minutes, just to soften them a little bit and not cook them all the way. Drain, and set aside.
3. While the potatoes are boiling, take out a pyrex or glass baking dish and lightly grease it with some of the vegetable oil. Don't use all of the oil...just use a little and set the rest aside.
4. Slice the hot dogs into 1/2 inch circles. Place in baking dish.
5. Put the pepper chunks, onions, and potatoes in the baking dish with the hot dogs. Drizzle vegetable oil on top. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste.
6. With your hands, toss all of the ingredients together so they're all coated lightly with the oil, salt, and pepper.
7. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes, or until you can smell the onions and peppers cooking, the hot dogs look cooked, and the potatoes are soft but firm. The peppers and onions should be soft but firm...not totally wilted and mushy.
Notes: You can prepare this hours in advance, cover with foil, and refrigerate it. Just take it out to get to room temperature about a 1/2 hour before you put it in the oven.