6 Tbs. olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. sugar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 ripe but firm mangoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cayenne, salt and sugar.
- Add the chicken and mangoes and stir gently to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare a hot fire in a grill.
- Remove the chicken and mangoes from the marinade and thread onto skewers, alternating the pieces and dividing them evenly.
- Arrange the skewers on the grill and cook, turning once, until the chicken is nicely charred and cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the skewers to a warmed platter and serve immediately.
Serves 4. To slice a mango, peel the fruit and then stand it up on one of its narrow edges, with the stem end pointing toward you. Using a large, sharp knife, cut down about 1 inch to one side of the stem, just grazing the side of the pit. Repeat with the other side. Place the halves, cut side down, on the cutting board and cut into cubes.