2 oz. vodka (Skyy or high quality)
¼ oz. lemon juice
2 slices cucumber (one peeled and diced, one not peeled for garnish)
¼ cucumber, peeled
About 7 or 8 mint leaves (put a small sprig to the side for garnish)
1 oz. sugar syrup
1. Muddle mint leaves and sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker.
2. Grate ¼ cucumber over cocktail shaker so all the juices and gratings get in it.
3. Add lemon juice, diced cucumber, and vodka. Muddle again.
4. Add about ½ cup crushed ice. Shake and strain into a martini glass.
5. Garnish with a slice of cucumber and a fresh mint sprig.
If you don't have sugar syrup on hand, you can create some by taking approximately 3 Tablespoons of sugar and 5 Tablespoons of water, stir, and bring to a boil on the stove. Be sure to stir constantly until all the sugar dissolves in the water. Add more water 1 Tablespoon at a time if the syrup is too grainy and all of the sugar is not dissolved. The syrup should be clear when done. Let it cool for a few minutes while you're assembling the martini ingredients. The syrup will cool further once the ice is added to the cocktail shaker.