Zucchini, butter, and Parmesan cheese - those are the three ingredients you will need to make the easiest, buttery vegetable side dish this side of Texas! This is the perfect accompaniment to steak or any Italian dish.
1 - 2 large green zucchini (or 4 - 5 small ones)
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut each zucchini into 1/2 inch thick slices. If you have thick zucchini, cut each slice into halves, or quarters so they are bite size pieces. You want all of your chunks to be as uniform as possible for even cooking.
2. In a large saucepan, place the zucchini and butter. Cover it with a lid and turn the heat on the stove to medium-low.
3. After about 5 minutes, stir everything around so the butter is towards the bottom of the pot and is melting. Cover it again.
4. Let the zucchini cook, with the lid on, for approximately 15 - 20 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking time.
5. When the zucchini is soft and pliable, and basically floppy, it's done.
5. Place the zucchini and some of the butter sauce in ramekins, and sprinkle each portion with grated Parmesan.