2 – 3 large red skinned potatoes, cut into wedges (leave the skin on)
½ tsp. paprika
¾ tsp. oregano (if fresh, chop it)
½ tsp. basil (if fresh, chop it)
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
¼ tsp. salt
⅓ cup olive oil
½ tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven at 350°.
2. In the bottom of a corning ware or oven-safe baking dish, pour ½ the olive oil and add the butter.
3. Place potato wedges in dish side by side, skin-side down.
4. Drizzle remaining olive oil over potatoes. This will make the spices stick to the potatoes.
5. Sprinkle with paprika, basil, oregano, and salt. Top with parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for approximately 45 min. - 1 hour, covered with lid or foil until potatoes are soft.
Serves 3 – 4. Adding the pat of butter to the olive oil on the bottom of the pan will allow the potatoes to cook without the olive oil smoking in the oven. You really need the moisture of the olive oil for this dish; cooking spray won’t give you the same tenderness.