3 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. butter
¼ small onion, chopped
½ medium tomato, chopped
1 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning*
1/3 cup green or red bell pepper, diced
2 small corn tortillas, sliced into thin strips
1/4 cup grated Mexican blend cheese (or a mixture of grated cheddar, and Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheeses)
1. Melt butter in a shallow frying pan. Add oil and heat until butter is melted.
2. Add tortilla strips and begin frying them while occasionally stirring them around.
3. Add chipotle seasoning, stir.
4. Add onion, green pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook until the onions start to get translucent, the tortillas are starting to crisp up slightly, and the green pepper starts to soften a little. Stir occasionally.
5. Add the cilantro and tomatoes. Stir occasionally for about a minute.
6. Add the eggs, and stir around until they are scrambled.
7. Top with cheese, and serve.
Serves 1 – 2 people.
If you like it spicier, go ahead, add some chopped jalepeño pepper to the vegetables, too.
You can substitute cherry tomatoes for a regular tomato, too.
*You can find chipotle seasoning in the supermarket.